Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Did I mention?

I'm on quite a kick of "all natural" food for our family and have been working diligently all year to eliminate artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives from our diet (we call them "bad chemicals"--because that's what they are!). I came upon Halloween with some trepidation, knowing how much my kids love trick or treating and collecting all that loot. But, I confidently went forward and offered them a trade: they give me all the candy they collect, and I give them some "good chemical" candy and a toy! It worked liked magic! They had no problem with that arrangement! They were so happy, still had some candy that is natural (and didn't even finish what I gave them), and loved getting a new toy. It was awesome!





1 comment:

kam said...

Bethanie-
I would love to take your family pictures! You can totally hire me! ;) Email me and I can then send you on the details and we can make some plans! ;) I would love to take some family pictures for you and your beautiful family! I am so glad we made contact through bloggerland!! Give me an email shout out when you can we will make some plans! Kam
kameewamee@yahoo.com