Saturday, November 8, 2008

This is LA, baby



"What?" you ask? What are we doing with Jon Heder? The one and only Napolean Dynamite? Well, we had a ourselves a funky Friday night in downtown Los Angeles. Paul's band, GoGo 13, was asked to play a gig at The Roosevelt Hotel for a film's after party. It's a kooky independent documentary called Hi, My Name is Ryan, made by some Mormon guys, and one of the songs in the film is an Aquabats song. Since the lead singer of GoGo 13 is brothers with the Aquabats guy and co-wrote the song, they got to perform that song, and a bunch of others. There were about 4 bands that played, lots of LA-type people, artists, a silent auction . . . . Oh, and Money Mark from the Beastie Boys, too! All in all, a very eclectic mix of people. And Jon Heder! It was fun.





6 comments:

Just Jenne said...

Man, you guys are just too cool!

Mac said...

Hey! I didn't know you were playing with those guys! I've wanted to see them for a long time, but never had the chance. Wow. Hopefully we can see you guys in the not-too-distant future!

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

Cool I didn't know uncle paul was in a band! Yeah you guys are totally hip! :)

Cindy Thomas said...

Luckkkyyy! ;-)

Conni said...

Hi Beth! I just linked to your blog from someone in our ward. I hope you don't mind if I peek in on you guys now and then. Can I add you to my blog list? I think you can find us by clicking on my name..if not let me know.

How fun seeing Napoleon! Kathrine (my oldest) would be so jealous!

Jodie said...

How fun! I didn't know Paul was in a band. Keep us posted on dates so we can come see!