Friday, October 1, 2010

BTS 2010

The morning of September 8, 2010 dawned cloudy and drizzly--perfect weather for donning some new fall fashions and head Back To School! Total excitement for Lily, total dread for Max, as per usual. What new adventures in learning lay ahead in 3rd and 5th grade? They would soon find out.



Since those first few days, we've had record-breaking heat. This last Monday hit somewhere around 111 degrees here in little Ladera Ranch (113 in LA). They actually kept the kids inside all day because of it (and also because it was picture day and no one wants sweaty, red-faced children in their school pics). At some point, I may get brave enough to post a picture of myself in full Student Supervisor regalia: my awesome fluorescent safety vest, whistle and megaphone. It's a sight, I tell ya. I enjoy working with the 1,100+ kids, but in this kind of heat? Gross. But aren't the kids cute and getting so big?? Yikes!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I love these kids! Max's shirt rings true. And I want Lily's shoes, so tell her I'm willing to trade

Gr. Nette said...

Oh, so cute. Yes, you must share with us a picture of you in your "costume." Hey, there's an idea for Halloween.