Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh what do you do?

Oh what do you do at Thanksgiving time, when you need a babysitter for a week so you can go on a free (working) vacation back East with your hot hubby of 12 years?? You go to Grandma's, of course. We weren't planning on spending Thanksgiving/Lily's birthday/our anniversary in Utah, but we are so glad we did. We made it through the "Blizzard of 2010" (yah, right) and got there in time to celebrate our little peanut's 9th birthday! It fell on T-day this year, so Lily was lucky to have so much family around to wish her well as a 9 year old. Can that be right? 9 already? Oh my . . . .

She got presents in the morning.


Then sledding at Aunt JoJo's house. Thanks Uncle Johnny for making that sweet jump!


And of course, she got to eat a feast of a meal with 32 relatives. It was a great Thanksgiving day with amazing food and family fun, and I didn't take a single photo.

We continued the birthday festivities the next day at Cheesecake Factory in Salt Lake. It was cousin Jesse's birthday two days before Lily's, so we combined forces. Such fun when the Slade clan gathers. Thanks everyone who came!













More family fun.







Then my brother Bryan showed up for a little while the next day, and it was Taylor's birthday too! Cute newlyweds.



Silly, silly, Bryan, and lovely Tammy.



I don't know how it happens that I never seem to get any pictures of my mom when I go there. Mom, you're a champ for taking on my littles for a whole week! Thanks so much to JoJo too!

1 comment:

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

Oh my goodness I so wish we could have been there. It's always such a party when everyone gets together. Miss you all!