Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm Procrastinating

I've been telling myself to go to bed, but I just can't. You see, tomorrow just can't come yet. I'm not ready. I'm not ready for my boy to be finished with elementary school. I'm not ready to watch him say goodbye to the teachers and principal who have been there for him for the last 6 years. He has come so far. From hiding under the table in Kindergarten to writing poignant and humorous prose in 5th grade, from tears of frustration to tears of pride, the changes have come, and they are vast. I am such a lucky mother to have been able to witness and share in his progress all these years. He has overcome so many challenges that life has dealt him, and I am so proud of this young man. But still . . . .

Tomorrow, can you wait just one more day? I'm not ready. Even though he is.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations, Max!!!

Hanna Banana said...

He's done with elementary?? Wow Max, you're getting so old! :) Congrats!

gr.nette said...

I loved this choice piece of writing, Beth.