Monday, March 1, 2010

All About Lil

Much time has passed, but my little girl has turned 8! November 25, 2009 dawned (the day before Thanksgiving), and my bright-eyed beauty was the happiest girl on earth. Since school was out for the holiday, we had the whole day to play. Lily woke up and dug into her presents. I love opening presents as soon as you wake up!



After all of that fun, Lily took a shower and drew a picture of a triple-decker cake and said, "Mom, that's the cake I want today!" So she helped me make it. It was pure chocolate deliciousness!



Here she is posing in her new dress from Grandma Connie.



We had a totally fun day playing together, then she wanted to go to LaserQuest. What a fun family activity that was. We came home and lit up the cake. (Gotta love big brothers.)



Well, since her birthday is always so close to (or ON) Thanksgiving, we had her big party the next week. It was wildly fun: we had thirteen 7 and 8 year old girls over for a cupcake party, painting, baking, and decorating. What a blast. And since it was so crazy, I only took two pictures! Here's a picture of all the cuties (minus two of them who had to leave early).



All in all, Lily had a wonderful 8th birthday, and still had one of the biggest events of her life still to come! (I'll try to not wait so long before posting about that.) I love you Lily! You are a bright star in your mama's life!

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Oh, how I miss you, Lilly!