Friday, October 9, 2009

Max is 10!

10 years ago, my life changed forever when this little guy entered the world, ready to soak up all the knowledge he could. And now he's so big! September 25, 2009 was an event-filled day! Max started the day off by opening the presents from Grandma Connie that had been tempting him for days. A new Bionicle!



Then at school his name was called by Mrs. Martin, the principal, to get a birthday prize, and here's how he "walked" up to the front:



His class won a reading contest, so they got a popsicle party that day. If I had known, I would have brought a chemical-free popsicle, but since I didn't know about it, and it being his birthday and everything, I let him have it. He enjoyed it, but had a nice rash the next morning.



After school, it was final party preparations for the big Lego party. Look at the cute invitations!



I didn't get very good pictures of the party because, well, ten 10-year old boys don't sit still much! We played "Random Lego Building" and "Guess How Many Legos Are In the Jar" type games, opened presents (he got so many gift cards which made for a cool shopping spree at Toys R Us the next day!), then they watched the new Bionicle movie while I made Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes. Overall, the party was a great success!



One happy boy!



Isn't he handsome? What a joy he is to our family. So funny, smart, creative. It's a new adventure every day with Max in the family. We love him so much. Happy 10th birthday, son!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I LOVE the invitations. I'm so glad he had a fun party- happy belated birthday!!!

Gr. Nette said...

He really is a joy....what a great party that must have been. Those invitations really are impressive.
I love you, Max.

Jayne said...

Happy Birthday, Max! 10?! WOW!
Double Digits is huge. I totally remember when I made it to double digits. I felt huge.
I love you!